In recent years, the travel industry has become a force to be reckoned with in the online industry. With Internet access growing more common daily in homes around the world, many people can surf for vacations online, book flights, car rentals, hotel reservations cruises and more – for business or fun travel - any time, all the time, 24/7.
And many people are realizing their dreams of working from home through this online travel business revenue stream at the same time. But many more could be joining in, too, but don’t know how or need a hand at the keyboard.
While it can be very profitable, you can struggle if you don’t know what you’re doing. So here are a few tips on how to succeed.
1. Automate your business. The one common thread among all internet businesses is mass quantities of potential customers. If you’re going to do well, you must learn to automate nearly everything. Just keeping up with a list of prospects can become a daunting task without the proper tools. For sending out emails, auto-responders are pretty much a must these days. It greatly decreases the amount of work involved.
2. Build relationships. Many people tend to forget that online business is still a business. They think just because they throw up a website that people will start buying from them. The truth is, people hate to be sold to. However, they will buy from those who build relationships with them. Gain their trust by giving them something with no strings attached. Unconditional giving is a great practice to get into.
3. Offer extras. Don’t just do what everyone else is doing. Give the prospect something extra. If you over-deliver, they’ll have every reason to buy from you. If you over-promise and under-deliver, you’ll likely end up being disappointed. Try to come up with unique ideas that others haven’t thought of. Don’t be content with giving away some free e-book that is so overused that everyone has read it twice. Continually think of innovative ways to help the customer.
4. Use your unique voice. Don’t try to sound like an encyclopedia or a robot. In all communications with the clients, be sure to use your individual voice. People like to deal with other people, not robots. Talk to them like you would talk to your best friend. Don’t talk down to them or sound redundant. Use a fresh style. It will be appreciated.
5. Know your stuff. No matter what you’re selling, you must know what you’re talking about. If a prospective buyer asks you a question and you can’t answer it, why would they want to buy from you? They probably wouldn’t. Do some research. Learn your craft. It will go a long way with the customer.
Keep these tips in mind while building your Coastal Vacations or other travel-related business. There is no reason why you can’t do as well as anyone else in the business. Just remember that online businesses are still businesses.